[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Oral care is always important, but even more so when you’re pregnant because your body is working double to carry your child. Therefore, there has to be extra focus on your overall health and that being your dental care as well.
To make sure that you are practicing the best dental hygiene during pregnancy, please follow the steps below:
Here are daily dental hygiene some tips to keep in mind while you’re pregnant:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste. If your gums are tender due to pregnancy gingivitis than switch to an extra-sensitive toothpaste
- Be sure to floss once a day.
- Make regular appointments for a check-up and cleaning.
- Inquire about an antimicrobial mouthwash to get rid of excessive plaque.
- Use a teaspoon of water and baking soda to rinse your mouth if you are experiencing morning sickness. This will help to keep stomach acid from eroding your teeth.
- Take your prenatal vitamins and eat food that has calcium, vitamin C and B12 for healthy gums.
If you have any oral health questions please reach out to one of our professionals. Our staff at Pelham Dental Group is eager to assist you throughout your pregnancy. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]